AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-10
We are pleased to announce the release the new American Hospital Association Coding Clinic for ICD-10 in select MediRegs products.
Introduction from AHA:
With this issue, we launch what we hope to be the premier publication in the long tradition established in 1984 with the publication of Coding Clinic for ICD-9-CM. The goal of this publication is similar to the goal established back then, to “provide coding advice, official coding decisions, and news” but now for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, rather than ICD-9-CM.
Quick Facts About this Upgrade
- Any product that currently includes the AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-9 will now automatically include the ICD-10 version. (Namely, these products: Audit and Revenue Resource Center (ARRC) & Compliance and Regulation Suite Plus (CRSP)).
- Navigate directly to this by expanding the left-hand navigation pane CodeBooks & Guidance section, and clicking on the ICD-10 link under Coding Clinic.
- The Coding Clinic is updated quarterly, with new issues generally arriving at the end of the quarter.
- The Advanced Code Explorer GUIDANCE link and the Guidance for Coder's library provide a simple way to search all AHA Coding Clinic publications along with primary source materials.
- The Coding Clinic for ICD-9 archives will remain in the product.
We hope you find these improvements helpful! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance in locating information or if you have any other questions.
What about the ICD-10 delay?
- ICD-9 coding clinic will remain "as is" with no additional changes.
- AHA is taking calls related to ICD-10 and changes will be reflected in ICD-10 Coding Clinic.