By now, we all have come to realize that ICD-10 preparation is not a boiler-plate process; each organization has it's own unique challenges and opportunities. The delay gives every organization a chance to take a careful look at their own specifics - and a good place to start is the bottom line! Do you have a solid understanding of the payment impact your organization will face under ICD-10?
Working with New Health Analytics, we offer a simple and affordable ICD-10 Payment Impact Assessment report based on your historical claims data. This analysis will provide your executive team with critical modeling data. This report translates ICD-9 to ICD-10, groups to MS-DRG, and goes all the way to determine the Medicare Expected Payment specific to your organization. This can be deeply motivating to keep energy and resources focused on preparation.
Providers who have completed the ICD-10 Payment Impact Analysis have used the results to:
- Understand the potential financial impact resulting from ICD-10 coding transitions
- Highlight areas for further investigation that feed into budgetary planning
- Devise strategies of focus on service lines that are most affected
- Use valuable information gained to further investigate areas
that feed into budgetary planning
- Look at areas that require clinical documentation review
- Review all contracts so that they reflect new reimbursement
methodologies from all payers
- Leverage the ICD-10 financial impact data to get attention of the medical staff and galvanize change across the entire organization.
If you would like to learn more, I encourage you to review a recorded discussion here: https://www.brainshark.com/MediRegs/vu?pi=zGOzPl5HDz1rMWz0, and reach out to your account manager for more information.