This webinar covers how the requirements in the new final rule addressing Medicare Parts A & B overpayments affect virtually every Medicare Provider. Compliance officers, in-house counsel, financial personnel, and others responsible for Medicare overpayments will learn how failure to follow the final rule can create substantial exposure—not only for overpayment refunds, but also potentially for civil monetary penalties, Medicare program exclusion, and the risk of litigation costs and liability under the False Claims Act.
• Practical advice for complying with the requirements regarding reporting and returning overpayments
• Implementing the six-month benchmark to complete investigations of potential overpayments and make refunds to Medicare
• The six-year look-back period and the CMS position on using underpayments to offset identified overpayments
• Exercising “reasonable diligence” when investigating potential overpayments
• The need to be “proactive” with compliance activities
• Implication for Stark self-disclosures
Join Felicia Sze, Katrina Pagonis, and Robert Roth from Hooper, Lundy, and Bookman, PC for this informative review of this important final rule.