There are over 300 active Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs) and others are being added on a regular basis. Many organizations focusing on settlements with the DOJ fail to look ahead to, and are ill-prepared for, the prospects of a second settlement process with the DHHS OIG. It is important that providers, plans, and their legal counsel understand the scope as well as the details of the entire process. This Webinar Replay will focus on the entire CIA process from negotiation through how to live with the obligations of any settlement agreement.
- The process by which DOJ turns the case over to the OIG
- The role of the OIG attorney developing the CIA
- Best practices in negotiating a CIA
- Common terms and conditions in CIAs
- The Independent Review Organization (IRO) role
- Tips on how to select and prepare for IROs
- Tips on how to live under a CIA