Click Here to view a replay of the "Sanction Screening Rules, Requirements and Techniques" webinar (September 28, 2011).
As a Condition of Participation, healthcare providers must screen against published sanction data all those with whom they engage or have a business relationship. CMS regulations state that “[N]o payment will be made by Medicare, Medicaid, or any of the other federal health care programs for any items or service furnished by an excluded individual or entity….” In 2009 CMS issued a letter to Medicaid directors urging them to require providers to sanction screen employees. They call for states to mandate providers to independently screen against their own Medicaid sanction list as often as monthly. More requirements are expected as a result of the Patient Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and CMS will be coming out with new rules on the subject.
Specific topics will include:
- Understanding the exclusion process
- How to mitigate risks through timely sanction screening
- Review of different sanction databases at the Federal and State level
- Increasing efficiency of and reducing cost in sanction screening
- Examples of how to effectively screen against multiple Federal/State databases
* Note - Webinar Replays are NOT eligible for CEUs.