Updated in April 2016 by CMS, The Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) “Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report” (PEPPER) details facility-specific Medicare claims data in five targeted areas and compares each facility to other SNFs nationally, by state, and by jurisdiction.
Join Harmony Healthcare International for this in-depth interpretation of the elements of the PEPPER, including how to analyze, interpret and apply PEPPER information into guided system refinement. Information retrieved from this valuable collection of comparative data can assist with Compliance Program Annual Plan Development, Risk Mitigation and Task Prioritization. Learn strategies invaluable for compliance with Medicare reimbursement and regulatory requirements along with methodologies to identify, prevent and mitigate inaccurate claim submission.
This webinar will enable providers to understand the rationale behind the utilization of the Report and its impact. Learning objectives include the ability to:
- State the five target areas assessed on the PEPPER for the long-term care setting
- Discuss the thresholds of PEPPER percentile ranking
- Define the calculations leading to PEPPER Target Areas
- Communicate a summary of their PEPPER data to key staff
- Identify their facility-specific risk factors for Medicare reviews
- Develop a facility-specific action plan in response to PEPPER Data
Kris Mastrangelo, OTR/L, LNHA, MBA
President and CEO
Harmony Healthcare International
Kris’s leadership and vision have helped Harmony Healthcare become one of the most recognized and trusted consulting companies for compliance and reimbursement in the healthcare industry. Kris brings her post-acute care expertise with more than 20-plus years’ experience in this industry as an Occupational Therapist and Licensed Nursing Home Administrator. Kris holds a Masters in Business Administration. Link to full Bio.