Understanding the climate of compliance has become paramount in running a successful practice. As the industry transitions to ICD-10, documentation expectations in all medical settings will change forever. This webinar replya will focus on the impact of clinical documentation and the new role of payor audits and how the latter relates to evaluation and management services. It will also cover audit targets with emphasis on collaborative visits with physicians and NPPs.
- Importance of documentation feedback to providers with ICD-10
- Overview of E/M criteria for new, established, admission, and subsequent visits.
- Discuss the uses of 1995 to 1997 exam guidelines and impact on EMR code checks.
- Learn how time-based services can solidify E/M visits to override criteria.
- Understand the basics of “incident to” and shared services with consideration to regulatory constraints based on place of service.
Jana Weis, Principal
Gill Compliance Solutions, LLC.
Jana is a renowned compliance coding professional with a bent for ingenuity and innovation. Mrs. Weis is well regarded for her depth of compliance regulations and performance improvement methodologies using proprietary technology and virtual tools. Her professional successes and 20 years of experience in medical auditing, litigation, and compliance led her to form GCS in 2010. Along with her talented team, Jana also assists health systems and independent clinics with managing internal/external compliance audits, ICD-10 clinical documentation training, government payment appeals, RAC risk assessments, and acquisition due diligence.